The Nebraska Bird Review is published quarterly by the Nebraska Ornithologists' Union, Inc., as its official journal, and is sent to members not in arrears of dues. Annual subscription rates (on a calendar-year basis only): $25.00 in the United States and $35.00 in all other countries, payable in advance. Single copies are $7.00 each, postpaid, in the United States and $9.00 elsewhere.
To subscribe send orders to;
NOU Treasurer Betty Grenon
1409 Childs Road East
Bellevue, NE 68005
Send orders for back issues to;
c/o Music Library, WMB 30
University of Nebraska--Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0101
Regular features of The Nebraska Bird Review include:
- Seasonal Field Reports, compiled by W. Ross Silcock, which mention the noteworthy sightings of each species during the previous season
- Annual report of the NOU Records Committee, listing accepted and unaccepted records, changes in frequency of occurrence, taxonomic revisions, etc.
- The Official List of the Birds of Nebraska, updated every 5 years
- Christmas Bird Count data including comments on the year’s counts, species lists from each count, weather data, and list of participants
- Accounts of NOU meetings, including species tallies
- Articles on Nebraska birds: appearance of unusual species, populations studies, breeding distribution, nesting ecology, etc.
- Annual color issue, featuring 8 pages of color photos of Nebraska birds, taken by local photographers
- Notes on sightings of unusual species
- Book reviews